|OUR PROPOSED NEW PARISH CENTRE|
OUR PROPOSED NEW PARISH CENTRE
• A Parish Centre is needed to facilitate and improve the service the Parish gives to all parishioners.
• A new Centre will provide full office accommodation for important services such as Accord and our Parish Counselling Services
• It will also accommodate a new well equipped Parish Office that will be more accessible to all Parishioners.
• The new centre will also have sufficient meeting rooms for the many groups that give service to the Parish.
• Tullamore Parochial House is no longer able to cope with the demands for time and space to organise meetings and all the other activities that go to making the Parish effective in serving its people.
FUNDING OUR PARISH CENTRE
• Work on the new centre is ongoing, we hope it will be completed in May 2008.
• The cost will be €1.9 million approximately. Parish resources stand at €.5 million , so we need to collect €1.4 million in the next five years.
• Our plan is to ask parishioners to make a five year commitment to paying a minimum of €5 per week. Judging by the generosity of parishioners in the past we are confident that we can clear the debt in this manner, without resorting to any other form of fund raising.
• Overleaf we set out the added benefit of contributing a minimum of €250 per annum. This benefit arises from the Tax Rebate Scheme which is built into Tax Regime of the country
• To facilitate this approach we are asking parishioners to pay their contribution by Standing Order through your bank, in whatever way best suits you. You may, if you wish, continue to contribute through our Weekly Envelope Scheme.
• Standing Order Forms are attached to this document, and we invite you to fill in the form and return it to the Parochial House as soon as possible. You may hand it in at the Parochial House, or place in baskets provided in the Church when you come to Mass next weekend.
• Our fundraising campaign is commencing next Sunday, so all contributions from that date will be welcome.
HOW THE TAX REBATE SCHEME WORKS
A: IF YOU ARE A PAYE WORKER
If you contribute €250 per annum and pay Tax at the low rate (20%) the Revenue Commission will refund €62.50 to the Parish. This amount will increase proportionately for contribution in excess of €250. If you pay tax at the higher rate (41%) the tax rebate on a contribution of €250 will be €173.73, and will also increase proportionately for larger contributions.
B. IF YOU ARE SELF EMPLOYED
The revenue Commission will allow you a Tax Credit on all contributions in excess of €250 per annum. You have the option of having your contribution certified by the Parish, and donating the amount of you Tax Credit to the Parish. The enormous benefits to the Parish are clear if all contributors will make use of the Tax Rebate Scheme. It costs nothing, other than the completion of a simple Claim Form, and is completely confidential.
Address of Bank…………………………………………………..
Sort Code : [ ] Account No: [ ]
I hereby authorise you, until further notice in writing, to charge my account with you by way of Standing Order the sum of ____________ to be paid on a
Commencing on _______________/___________________/2007
Please pay thereafter to the Credit of Tullamore Parish Centre Building Fund Account, Bank of Ireland, Tullamore, Co. Offaly.
Sort Code : 901909 Account No: 63172379
Name in Block Capitals: _______________________________________________
Please return to the Parochial House to ensure that all amounts attributed to you are properly credited to you